Sunday, January 1, 2012

Getting back at it... slowly but surely!

It's been a while since I posted on here... and a lot has happened in my family life. But now I have been led back even though life is super hectic.

I have been helping with an outreach that happens on Wednesday nights from 9 to about 11 pm (depending on the number of people who come out to receive) and this has brought me into a group of willing volunteer who know all about what we are doing and have a heart to serve. What a blessing!

Some of these people will actually be able to help me, in more ways than one, so that I can get my feet back on the streets. I have been told that a woman alone on the streets at night helping homeless/under poverty level people is a no-no.

I thank God for leading me to Pastor Jon, Deb and the wonderful things they are doing!

If you would like to check it out, message me and I will fill you in!

4 comments:

Andy C said...

Good stuff Cassandra! Send me some details... ~ Andy

beverly said...

please let me know about this initiative - are there any people taht i could contact in guelph - to furtehr the cause her in this city?
-beverly

Cassandra said...

Hi Andy!

Right at the moment we hand food (etc.) out along side of the Salvation Army soup van at the old bus station and then we go down to the other stop at Barton and Birch. I am hoping to get some people together to do runs like I did with you in Toronto. :) I did one last year, but it has been difficult to find others to go to the street with me.

Cassandra said...

Hi Beverly! It would be great if you could come out sometime. I usually hand out bagged lunches to people on the street and hopefully get to chat with them. Trying to spread the love. The handing out food (etc.) on Wednesday nights is very rewarding, too. Let me know if you can come sometime! :)