Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Season Sandwich Runs


Evening Sandwich Run - December 19th

Plans have been made to have a Sandwich Run on Friday, December 19th.

We will meet at the Dundas Community Centre at 6 pm and make up the lunches with the food that we all will pay for. (If you can't make it there for 6 pm, we can still accomodate you in the Run!) After making the lunches we will have a debriefing on what we will be doing and experiencing. Then we will go to the area that we will be covering and hand out lunches. When we are finished doing that, we will all meet up at a local Tim Horton's and discuss our experiences and ideas.

In total, from beginning to end, this usually takes about 5 hours of our time.

If you would be interested in participating in this run, please let me know!


Other Sandwich Runs
will be planned for daytime and during the evening between now and the week of January 5th as I will be on reduced hours during that time period.

If you have any suggestions on what days/times you would like to go out, please let me know.

Runs will be posted on here as well as on my Facebook group site: Cassandra's Homeless Initiatives in Dundas.

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Thank you for your support and comments, Susan!

Kendra said...

Hi Cassandra

This is out of the norm for me I never even check out blogs, somehow I came across yours. I'm from Brantford Ontario and the community has been on my heart for a while. I have been wanting to do something for the homeless but not sure where to start or what to do. Maybe some insight from you would be nice. Thanks for sharing I feel inspired to step forward as I patiently wait to put my thoughts into action.

Cassandra said...

Hi Kendra!

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. :) I would love to connect with you. Please contact me at dccdancing@yahoo.ca. I look forward to hearing from you!

Cassandra